Join Our Team!
Have a passion for growing healthy food? Spend hours dreaming about your next garden project? You might be a great fit at SeedGeeks!
Check below for current job openings and submit your resume and references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Farmers Market & Event Sales Representative
SeedGeeks is looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, friendly employees to work farmers markets and events during the 2017 season. Must be available to work weekends. Some travel required.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Managing the SeedGeeks booth at local & regional farmers markets and events, both independently and with other team members
- Setting up and tearing down the booth and transporting all supplies, inventory and equipment
- Maintaining supplies and equipment in a neat well-organized manner
- Reporting inquiries & incidents that require action to Management
- Knowledgeably answering customer questions
- Greeting customers in a cheerful and polite manner
- Responding to customer requests politely and promptly while helping to educate customers about SeedGeeks mission and products
- Occassional production tasks as needed
- Candidate must demonstrate high energy, strong conversational and social skills, a friendly demeanor and excel in customer relations
- Candidate should have working knowledge of and be passionate about growing food and sustainable living. Gardening or farming experience a plus.
- Candidate should have a high attention to detail
- Candidate should be able to multi-task and cope well with changes involved in a rapidly growing small business environment
- Ability to work outdoors in a multitude of weather conditions and maintain a sense of humor
- Comfortable with basic computer and tablet use
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience in sales preferred, but not required
- Enthusiasm for SeedGeeks!
- Smart phone highly desirable
- Email communication required
- Able to comfortably lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to handle standing, bending, kneeling
- Reliable transportation (including occasional use of personal vehicle for markets/events)
Position is part-time with potential for permanent placement. Position starts immediately.
Hourly wage, determined by previous experience, skills, and knowledge. Starting between $10 - $12 per hour.
Applications open until the position is filled.